About Debbie Teashon
Debbie photographs and writes about gardening in the maritime Pacific Northwest. Co-author and photographer of Gardening for the Homebrewer: Grow and Process Plants for Making Beer, Wine, Gruit, Cider, Perry, and More, Teashon is also editor and web master of Rainy Side Gardeners. A long time professional photographer her images have won awards at art shows and exhibits with Professional Photographers of America. Her photographs appeared in newspapers and magazine over the years with recent ones in the Oregonian newspaper, Fine Gardening Magazine, the covers of a Swedish garden magazine—Natur & Trädgård— and Master Gardener magazine, as well as other web sites and plant catalogs. Debbie writes two quarterly articles with accompanying photographs for West Sound Home and Garden Magazine.
Teashon is a Northwest native, born in Oregon and now lives in Washington State on the beautiful Kitsap Peninsula. She lived in Hawaii, another garden Mecca, for over seven years where she claims she left a small piece of her heart. Nevertheless, the rest of her heart loves her native home where gardening is a dream.
Her blog, Debbie Teashon — scratching beneath the surface is filled with nuggets of wisdom, or confessions of foolishness, and mostly written in fun.
Another blog that receives a few new posts now and then, Mucking About the Northwest is filled with stories of places in the Northwest and beyond.
Memberships Past and/or Present
- Garden Writers Association
- International Clematis Society
- North America Rock Garden Society
- Northwest Perennial Alliance
- Professional Photographers of America
- Rhododendron Species Foundation
- Washington Native Plant Society
- WSU Master Gardeners
- Gardening for the Homebrewer (book)
- Kitsap Weekly (garden column)
- Pacific Horticulture Magazine
- Birdscaping for Garden Spaces (images)
- Natur & Trädgård Magazine
- Master Gardener Magazine
- The American Gardener Magazine
- The Oregonian
- Fine Gardening Magazine
- Pacific Northwest Home Owner Magazine
- West Sound Home and Garden Magazine
- Groups on Facebook
- Rainy Side Gardeners (private discussion group)
- Pacific Northwest Native Plants (private discussion group)
Gardening for the Homebrewer: Grow and Process Plants for Making Beer, Wine, Gruit, Cider, Perry, and More
By co-authors Debbie Teashon (Rainy Side Gardeners) and Wendy Tweton