Sign up for our newsletter
Gardening in the Rainy Zone.
Caption Contest on Facebook —
Candid scene at Bloedel Reserve
We had a little fun on Facebook, asking for captions to this photo of Dan Hinkley and a customer at the Bloedel Reserve's spring plant sale. A gift certificate to Joy Creek Nursery was given to the best caption. All captions were fun, which made choosing just one difficult. Gardeners are comedians at heart! The winner and the rest of the captions are below.
Drum roll please!
And the winner is...
"I'm telling yah.. that slug was thisssss big!" Captioned by Sharon Romine.
The rest of the captions are here:
- Kathleen Grube: "I'm not kidding. The blossom on this plant is HUGE! I think you need to have it in your garden."
- Beth Rahe Balas: "a Bloedel blessing"
- Teresa Nowicki: "I told them to make the picket fence 3 ft not 3 inches. What am I supposed to do with this?"
- Helen Boudny Fremin: "Last year I grew a squash this big!"
- Catherine Skoor: "Grandma, this is the last time I'm going to tell you. You can't grow marijuana in the community garden!"
- Nona Bothwell Clark: "What can I say? I don't know where your rabbit went."
- Mary M Palmer: "completely hardy in the Northwest!"
- Sharon Romine: "I'm telling yah.. that slug was thisssss big!"
- Peg Tillery: "All my flax turned to mush this past winter - I'm stickin' with hardy ferns instead."
- Yadav Ram: "I saw this big 'rose'"
- Brenda Lee Morris: "Okay, okay! You were right! All the seeds did sprout and they grew overnight. Now, what do we do with all this kohlrabi?"
- Theresa Thurmon Fancher: "It's marginally hardy, what have you got to lose? If it dies it's another opportunity for plant shopping!"
- SusanLayne Nielsen: "It's a cat. It's what they do."
- Karen Bowman:(look carefully...) "Look, it's going to get THIS BIG! You can't USE a pot that small, I don't care what they say."
You can follow us on Facebook where we post our latest updates on Rainy Side Gardeners, chit chat about gardening, or have an occassional fun contest such as this one.