Answer: Actinidia polygama.
Answer: Lewisia Sunset Strain.
Answer: Diascia barbarae 'Blackthorn Apricot'.
Guess This Flower Contest XVIII
This contest is now closed until next one's announced in 2012.
For three months, September, October and November 2011, identify the flowers on this contest page. Those that correctly guess the genus of the flower will have their names entered in a drawing for each correct guess. For those that correctly identify both the genus and the species or cultivar will have their names entered twice. At the end of the contest, a name will be drawn and the winner will receive a $50.00 gift certificate from Joy Creek Nursery, a mail order plant nursery in Scappoose, Oregon.
To enter each flower, e-mail your answer to Rainy Side Gardeners (see below for more details) before each month's deadline. Only one guess allowed per flower posted.
You can enter your guess for one flower, or all three flowers. The more flowers you guess the higher your chances to win the drawing.
Entering this contest means you agree to the following terms. To be eligible to win you must understand, and meet the following requirements:
- Enter one flower guess or all three flowers before their individual deadlines.
- Write in your guess of the genus of the flower. If you guess the correct genus your name is entered in a drawing for the prize. You have the option to guess the species or cultivar name for your name to be put in twice for the drawing. If the species is incorrect but the genus is right you will still be placed in the drawing once as long as the genus is named correctly.
- Must be 18 years old or older to participate in the contest.
- Must be a resident of Oregon or Washington state.
- Winner will be notified by e-mail and winner's name and city will be posted on Rainy Side Gardeners and Facebook.
We will announce the winner on or before December 15, 2011.
Good luck to you!